Magic: The Gathering Web App – Change Log
December 31, 2013
- Added the ability to change the quantity of a card in a given deck.
- Fixed the AJAX card retrieval issue from MTGAPI.com (author changed the structure of the response)
- Bug: When viewing a card in a deck, if the scrolling threshold isn’t reached (in distance / time), the “Change Quantity” popup will appear.
December 26, 2013
- Resolved the issue where when performing a long press on a deck, the browser’s native context menu would appear.
- Resolved the issue where when performing a long press on a deck, after a few seconds the app would navigate to that deck’s detailed page.
- Resolved the issue where after completing the related actions of a long press on a deck, the selected deck would visually remain in an “active” state.
December 21, 2013
- UPDATE: Changing the read method from “readAsText” to “readAsBinaryString” and renaming the file from “*.txt/*.dat/*.json/(no extension)” to “*.wav/*.jpg” allowed 3rd party file managers to successfully import the data into the localstorage.
- Traced the source of the import bug to the inability to access the file system from non-stock apps. Import worked when the file was renamed with a picture extension and selected through the stock gallery app.
December 20, 2013
- Added ability to save individual decks to a text file as a JSON formatted array
- Added ability to import one or more decks from a text file as a JSON formatted array
- Bug: File read errors on at least Chrome Mobile for Android
December 19, 2013
- Significanly reduced the amount of space needed in local storage to save decks.
- Consolidated duplicate cards in decks and adjusted analysis accordingly (no analytical difference)
- Added a count next to each card name to indicate the current number in the deck
- When adding a card to a deck, the window to specify the quantity will display the number of cards sharing the same name that are already present in the chosen deck
December 16, 2013
- Updated the “Rules” to “Rulings” on the beta version and added some commonly looked up general rules / rulings.
- Discovered a touch related bug in Chrome Mobile for Android (specifically CyanogenMod 10.2). Resolved by ensuring the latest version of Chrome Mobile was installed.
December 4, 2013
December 2, 2013
- Created a beta version of the Web App to use for testing without interfering with the live version
- Discovered and fixed a bug when browsing the Web App with a desktop computer that prevented a long-press menu from appearing on the Life Tracker page.
November 26, 2013
- Added a basic analysis drop-down when viewing a deck that lists the total number of cards by type (with pie graph), average CMC (with bar graph of distribution) and potential mana requirements (two-color hybrids count both, Phyrexian mana and the “2 or <color>” only count once as the color specified; with a pie graph).
November 17, 2013
- Added ability to specify the number of cards to add to a deck
November 15, 2013
- Added ability to rename decks / players
- Added bubbles next to deck names to indicate number of cards in the deck
November 11, 2013
- Added ability to view the cards in a deck
- Styled the list entry for the card according to what color it was (except artifact creatures)
November 10, 2013
- Added ability to long press on a card search to add it to a deck or create a new deck
November 9, 2013
- Fixed the mouseup/dragend bug for mobile devices when trying to assign damage from one player to another
- Added a context menu for a long press on a player to be able to delete the player, reset the player, or reset all players
- Added ability to create / delete decks (identified by name)
November 8, 2013
November 6, 2013
- Added popup window to adjust a player’s life count when clicking on a player or dragging from one player to another
- Encountered bug where mouseup/dragend is not being fired appropriately
November 5, 2013
- Added random roll for who goes first based on players listed
- Implemented the mechanism for who is attacking who based on dragging from one player to another
November 4, 2013
- Removed ability to swipe left/right on the Life Tracker page to navigate to Card Search / Deck List (respectively)
- Conflicted with the way I wanted to assign damage
- Added navigation buttons to Card Search / Deck List to the header of the Life Tracker page
- Moved the settings button on the Life Tracker page to the footer
- Added Home buttons to the Card Search / Deck List page where the buttons would be found on the Life Tracker page for the respective pages
November 2, 2013
- Added ability to add players and remove players with a long press
October 31, 2013
- Added persistent highlights when clicking a card on the Lookup Page
- Added ability to swipe left/right on the card image to change to the next/previous card
- Added changing of highlight when swiping to the next/previous card
- Added delay before making AJAX call when searching for a card
October 30, 2013
- Added random roll options (2,6,20,custom)
- Added animation blur to the rolls
October 29, 2013
- Added a more responsive search with highlight feature to the complete rules
- Bug: Occasionally crashes browser
- Bug: Depending on webkit version of browser on mobile device, search bar may be hidden by keyboard
- Added a delay before making AJAX calls when searching complete rules
- Added an indicator for peace of mind that the complete rules search was searching
- Added auto scroll to first result in complete rules search
- Added previous / next result feature in complete rules search
- Added ability to clear highlights when clearing the complete rules search with the build in clear button
- Disabled image dragging on the Card Lookup Page (for non-mobile devices)
October 28, 2013
- Added text to the navigation buttons
- Added appropriate transition between pages